The 3 Cool Things to Do In Historic Grapevine TX
You can't visit Grapevine without walking through historic Grapevine. We're sharing 3 cool things to do in historic Grapevine TX in this post. Click here.
Grapevine is one glorious spot on the map you don't want to miss.
Grapevine is a unique little oasis nestled in the center of Texas. It's chalk-full of charm and adventure for all ages.
From their historic downtown that offers captivating art, historic museums, and as much wine as you can manage - to their exciting attractions, like Great Wolf Lodge, LEGOLAND, and the SEA LIFE aquarium.
But where to start? Grapevine is one-of-a-kind with its huge variety of attractions, events, and historic spots.
Although, it's tough to choose just three - we're sharing 3 cool things you must do when visiting historic Grapevine.
1) Historic Downtown Grapevine
You cannot visit Grapevine without strolling through historic Grapevine.
With over 50 charming buildings along your self-paced tour, you'll be mesmerized by every shop, gallery, restaurant, and historic building.
A few things in downtown Grapevine you don't want to miss:
- Public Art. While you're strolling down the main street you'll see plenty of beautiful and unique art like the ''Sunday Skaters.''
- Glockenspiel Clock Tower. Located above the visitor's bureau is this clock tower. This old-west inspired clock is a must-see on your trip to historic Grapevine.
- Events on Main Street. Grapevine puts on tons of yearly events, such as wine festivals, live music, and their famous December event: The Chrismas capital of Texas. Where over 1 million lights lite up the main street.
2) Grapevine Vintage Railroad
The vintage railroad attraction in Grapevine takes you from Grapevine to Fort Wort stockyards. And then you can jump back on, to head back to Grapevine.
There are two vintage trains to choose from. Both are 1920's Victorian coaches that have been restored.
Just a couple events happening year-round at this vintage railroad:
- North Pole Express
- Jazz Wine Train
- Day out with Thomas
Train-lover, or not, you'll enjoy what this attraction has to offer. It's a must-see for anyone visiting or passing by Grapevine.
3) Great Wolf Lodge
Looking for a memorable, fun, and exciting activity in Grapevine? How about the largest indoor waterpark in Texas?
The Great Wolf Lodge is a family-friendly attraction that's full of different water-park rides and other attractions. It even has a water tree fort for the kids.
Here are some activities you don't want to miss:
- Coyote Canon ( water park/water slide)
- Alberta Falls ( water park/water slide)
- South Hot Springs (water park/warm pool)
- Howlers Peak Ropes Course (You wear a safety harness and go through a rope course/aerial adventure)
- Fitness Center (Get your fitness on during your stay)
- Elements Spa Salon (Relax in their luxurious spa)
Great Wolf Lodge offers fun for everybody. It's definitely one of the main attractions in Grapevine.
The Verdict on Historic Grapevine
Grapevine is a wonderful little town - full of character, adventure, great food, tasteful music, and more events than you can count on two hands.
Aside from the historic downtown, the vintage railway, and Great Wolf Lodge - there are numerous other activities to participate in while you're here.
This little slice of heaven is known for being the place to be for wine lovers, but it also has a beautiful lake to visit, museums, botanical gardens, and Nash Farm.
And don't forget the delicious cuisine our little town has to offer.
If you're looking for quality Mexican food, call us to make a reservation: (214) 941-4246 or book a reservation online.